3DXTech 3DXTech Black CarbonX PA12+CF Filament - 1.75mm (0.5kg)
CarbonX PA12+CF is made using a specialty Nylon 12 compounded with high-modulus carbon fiber. PA12+CF offers an excellent combination of performance and printability. PA12 absorbs much less moisture than PA6-based materials and has superior retention of mechanical properties after explore to humid environments.
To learn about available discounts, training, and maintenance options, please use the form below and a MatterHackers Expert will contact you within one business day. Alternatively, you can always feel free to give us a call at +1 (800) 613-4290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get an instant quote, add everything you need to your cart, and click "Download as quote".
BENEFITS OF CARBONX PA12+CF:
- High Thermal properties, with a CUT of 120°C and HDT of 150°C
- Excellent strength and stiffness over a wide temperature range, up to 150°C
- Very low moisture absorption
- Improved retention of mechanical properties when exposed to humid environments when compared to Nylon6-based materials
- Low density makes it ideal for lightweight parts
- Superior chemical resistances, when compared to Nylon6-based materials
- Low shrinkage and warping
- High dimensional stability and reproducible part-to-part measurements
WHAT APPLICATIONS IS CARBONX PA12+CF SUITABLE FOR?
- CarbonX PA12 is an excellent material choice for tools, fixtures, and jigs
- Filament Specifications: 1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
- Extruder: 265-285°C
- Bed Temp: 90-110°C
- Nozzle: We currently recommend a hardened steel nozzle with a minimum diameter of 0.4mm
- Other: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers smaller than 0.2mm with carbon fiber reinforced filaments
- Bed Prep: Magigoo PA
- Heated Chamber: Recommended
- Drying Instructions: 90°C for 4 hours