The v6 HotEnd Full Kit 3.00mm Bowden from E3D has been redesigned for your convenience from the ground up! This new hot end contains the same signature high-temperature performance for high-temp printing, as well as increased functionality for printing soft and flexible filaments.
Our inventory of this kit has transitioned to the new cartridge-type format for temperature sensors. This kit contains the new thermistor cartridge and heater block.
|Order Now:||Ships calculating... Free U.S. Shipping|
The v6 HotEnd allows you to print a wide variety of materials, from soft and flexible to sturdy and strong. This is possible due to the PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) liner tube through the hotend that you can extend into your extruder - this gives the ability to add the confinement and constraint needed to make excellent quality prints with flexible filaments. This technology opens new doors for your 3D printing aspirations.
With High-Temperature Performance, you can print with high-temp materials like Polycarbonate and Nylon - this also eliminates HotEnd meltdown failures that are common with PTFE designs. Even though the v6 has a PTFE liner inside the hotend the liner is never subjected to high temperatures so there is no risk of damaging the liner through overheating. Basically, this design is really in-tune with all the elements, so your prints will come out crisp and accurate.
The v6 has cut back on a bunch of bulk. This clean-cut version's overall length is only 62mm, and there are significant reductions in the X/Y dimensions by using the new injection moulded fan duct.
Are you eager to start printing right away? Good. So are we - and that's why here at MatterHackers we praise the v6 HotEnd. No adhesives, Kapton tape, or soldering is needed to get started. The new v6 simply locks into place with a little screw, and the updated cartridge style thermistor makes installing the hotend (as well as removing) a quick and smooth process compared to earlier methods. The parts of the hotend just screw together, and the fan duct naturally clips in - this can be manipulated in different ways to suit your setup preference.
The v6 has kept its vivid thermal transition that promotes high-quality printing - this is a standard requirement with all E3D accessories and hotends. A sharp thermal break gives excellent control over material output, which provides more precise starts and stops during your extrusion. Essentially, as a printing aficionado, this means you will have a more authentic and keen print.
Everyone likes to have different options to fuel their creative fire. Well, another reason why the v6 HotEnd is at the head of its class is that it has multiple nozzle sizes to choose from, thus your printing dreams are limitless. The default nozzle is 0.4mm, which produces fantastic prints with a great level of speed, ease, and resolution. Collecting a plethora of nozzle sizes increases your ability to explore and experiment with different filaments and extrusion settings.
The printing options are endless with multiple nozzles!
- 1 Aluminium Heatsink (Contains embedded fitting for tubing in 1.75mm Universal and 3mm Bowden versions)
- 1 Stainless Steel heat break
- 1 Brass Nozzle (0.4mm)
- 1 Aluminium Heater Block
- 1 100K Semitec NTC thermistor (new cartridge-style)
- 1 24v 30W Heater Cartridge
- 1 24v 30x30x10mm fan
- 4 Plastfast30 3.0 x 16 screws to attach the fan to the fan duct
- 1 M3x10 socket dome screw to clamp the heater block around the heater cartridge
- 1 Fan Duct (Injection Moulded PC)
- 800mm of appropriately sized PTFE tubing.
- 1 x Screw in Coupler for extruder end of the tubing.
- 1 Silicone Sock
You can find assembly instructions here.
- Find a way to attach the hot end. This usually involves printing some kind of mounting piece.
- Modify your firmware configuration.
- Find a way to power the fan.
- How does my hot end attach to the printer?
- Can I modify my printer's firmware?
- If you want to use the Chimera, Cyclops, or Kraken, you must also consider how many motor drivers, thermistor inputs, and heater outputs your controller board has.
- Does my printer use 1.75 or 3 mm filament?
- Does my printer run on 12 V or 24 V, or some crazy combination of the two (i.e. a 24 V PSU with the hot end throttled down to 12 V using PWM)?
- Is my printer a direct drive or Bowden setup?
Put simply, MatterHackers is the smart place to shop for all things 3D printing and digital manufacturing. The MatterHackers pros are here to partner with you through every step of your journey turning idea into reality and here are just a few of the perks you’ll receive as a customer:
- Free, Fast Shipping on orders over $35
No matter how large or small your order is, U.S. customers will always receive free, fast shipping on orders over $35. Most orders placed before 4pm ET M-F ship same day.
- Lowest Price Guarantee
We work hard to make sure that we offer the lowest prices available - shop confidently knowing you’re getting the best deals on the items you love. Learn more about our Lowest Price Guarantee here.
- Rewards Program
We just want to help you save - MatterHackers' customers can earn a store credit of 3% back on all eligible purchases. Learn more and become a Rewards Program member here.
- Success Guarantee
MatterHackers is invested in your success. From our free phone and email support to our easy exchange program, MatterHackers sets you up on the road to success even with just one purchase. Learn more here.
Have a question about this MatterHackers E3D All-metal v6 HotEnd Full Kit 3.00mm Bowden (24v)? Looking for a recommendation? No problem. Feel free to contact us.