E3D CLEARANCE - E3D All-metal v6 HotEnd Fully Assembled 3.00mm Bowden (12v)
All of the benefits of the v6 HotEnd Full Kit without all the hassle of putting it together! These fully assembled v6 HotEnds are ready to go: the heater cartridge and thermistor are inserted and tested, and the heater block and nozzle are heat-tightened.
The v6 contains the same signature high-temperature performance for high-temp printing, as well as increased functionality for printing soft and flexible filaments.10% off - use code BESTDEALS during checkout - offer ends 12/31/2022
|Order Now:||Ships calculating... Free U.S. Shipping|
Please note, all Clearance Item purchases are final and are not covered by the MatterHackers Return Policy - this excludes Refurbished 3D printers and machines which have at least a 6-month warranty.
Reason for Clearance: This item is being discontinued.
The v6 HotEnd allows you to print a wide variety of materials, from soft and flexible to sturdy and strong. This is possible due to the PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) liner tube through the hotend that you can extend into your extruder - this gives the ability to add the confinement and constraint needed to make excellent quality prints with flexible filaments. This technology opens new doors for your 3D printing aspirations.
With High-Temperature Performance, you can print with high-temp materials like Polycarbonate and Nylon - this also eliminates HotEnd meltdown failures that are common with PTFE designs. Even though the v6 has a PTFE liner inside the hotend the liner is never subjected to high temperatures so there is no risk of damaging the liner through overheating. Basically, this design is really in-tune with all the elements, so your prints will come out crisp and accurate.
The v6 has cut back on a bunch of bulk. This clean-cut version's overall length is only 62mm, and there are significant reductions in the X/Y dimensions by using the new injection molded fan duct.
Are you eager to start printing right away? Good. So are we - and that's why here at MatterHackers we praise the v6 HotEnd. No adhesives, Kapton tape, or soldering is needed to get started. The new v6 simply locks into place with a little screw, high-temp glass sleeving is used to insulate the thermistor legs. This makes installing the hotend (as well as removing) a quick and smooth process compared to earlier methods involving various adhesives. The parts of the hotend just screw together, and the fan duct naturally clips in - this can be manipulated in different ways to suit your setup preference.
Check out that accuracy!
The v6 has kept its vivid thermal transition that promotes high-quality printing - this is a standard requirement with all E3D accessories and hotends. A sharp thermal break gives excellent control over material output, which provides more precise starts and stops during your extrusion. Essentially, as a printing aficionado, this means you will have a more authentic and keen print.
Everyone likes to have different options to fuel their creative fire. Well, another reason why the v6 HotEnd is at the head of its class is that it has multiple nozzle sizes to choose from, thus your printing dreams are limitless. The default nozzle is 0.4mm, which produces fantastic prints with a great level of speed, ease, and resolution. Collecting a plethora of nozzle sizes increases your ability to explore and experiment with different filaments and extrusion settings.
The printing options are endless with multiple nozzles!
Included (Fully Assembled):
- 1 Aluminium Heatsink (Contains embedded fitting for tubing in 1.75mm Universal and 3mm Bowden versions)
- 1 Stainless Steel heat break
- 1 Brass Nozzle (0.4mm)
- 1 Aluminium Heater Block
- 1 100K Semitec NTC thermistor
- 12v 30W Heater Cartridge
- 1 12v 30x30x10mm fan
- 1 High-Temperature Fiberglass Wire - for Thermistor (150mm)
- 2 0.75mm Ferrules - for Solder-Free Wire Joins
- 4 Plastfast30 3.0 x 16 screws to attach the fan to the fan duct
- 1 M3x3 socket dome screw and M3 washer to clamp thermistor
- 1 M3x10 socket dome screw to clamp the heater block around the heater cartridge
- 1 Fan Duct (Injection Moulded PC)
- 800mm of appropriately sized PTFE tubing.
- 1 x Screw in Coupler for extruder end of the tubing.
- Find a way to attach the hot end. This usually involves printing some kind of mounting piece.
- Modify your firmware configuration.
- Find a way to power the fan.
- How does my hot end attach to the printer?
- Can I modify my printer's firmware?
- If you want to use the Chimera, Cyclops, or Kraken, you must also consider how many motor drivers, thermistor inputs, and heater outputs your controller board has.
- Does my printer use 1.75 or 3 mm filament?
- Does my printer run on 12 V or 24 V, or some crazy combination of the two (i.e. a 24 V PSU with the hot end throttled down to 12 V using PWM)?
- Is my printer a direct drive or Bowden setup?