0.25kg of flexible LAYWOO-D3 wood filament, coiled and ready-to-use for 3D Printing.
This new flexible LAYWOO-D3 emulates the supple nature of a tree branch and will give your wooden prints the ability to bend further without breaking.
0.25KG of 1.75mm flexible LAYWOO-D3 wood filament in light cherry color. This filament allows you to give your prints a fantastic wood texture.
You can print the filament in a range from 190°C to 250°C. Printing at lower temperatures will produce a brighter color while printing at higher temperatures will create a darker print. The printed wood will appear rough, similar to MDF (Medium-Density Fiberboard). Playing a little with the material feed settings brings more craters or a smoother surface.
- Very little warp
- Rough or smooth surface possible during one print
- Paintable, grindable, carvable and stainable
- Printable tree-rings
- Sticks well to blue painters tape on an unheated bed.
- Will stick to Kapton tape on a heated bed (50C)
- Contains recycled wood and harmless binding polymers (still, we don't recommend ingesting)
- Similar thermal durability as PLA
- No need to store in a sealed bag or use desiccant (wood loves humidity)
At print temperature LAYWOO-D3 is less viscous than PLA or ABS, a few extra steps can help improve your printing experience:
- Adding extra extrusion to the beginning of your print will help prevent dry extrusion during the initial layers.
- Increasing the retraction setting of your part during slicing will reduce 'leakage' while the hotend is moving between sections (especially over open areas).
LAYWOO-D3 will harden over time, for delicate parts allow 30-60 min for your print to set.
Alternating the temperature during your print (even by as little as 10 degrees) will vary the coloration, giving it a 'grained' look.
Put simply, MatterHackers is the smart place to shop for all things 3D printing and digital manufacturing. The MatterHackers pros are here to partner with you through every step of your journey turning idea into reality and here are just a few of the perks you’ll receive as a customer:
- Free, Fast Shipping on orders over $35
No matter how large or small your order is, U.S. customers will always receive free, fast shipping on orders over $35. Most orders placed before 4pm ET M-F ship same day.
- Lowest Price Guarantee
We work hard to make sure that we offer the lowest prices available - shop confidently knowing you’re getting the best deals on the items you love. Learn more about our Lowest Price Guarantee here.
- Rewards Program
We just want to help you save - MatterHackers' customers can earn a store credit of 3% back on all eligible purchases. Learn more and become a Rewards Program member here.
- Success Guarantee
MatterHackers is invested in your success. From our free phone and email support to our easy exchange program, MatterHackers sets you up on the road to success even with just one purchase. Learn more here.
Have a question about this MatterHackers Light Cherry Wood Flexible LAYWOO-D3 Filament - 1.75mm (0.25kg)? Looking for a recommendation? No problem. Feel free to contact us.