|Order Now:||Ships calculating... Free U.S. Shipping|
0.25KG of 1.75mm flexible LAYWOO-D3 wood filament in light cherry color. This filament allows you to give your prints a fantastic wood texture.
You can print the filament in a range from 190°C to 250°C. Printing at lower temperatures will produce a brighter color while printing at higher temperatures will create a darker print. The printed wood will appear rough, similar to MDF (Medium-Density Fiberboard). Playing a little with the material feed settings brings more craters or a smoother surface.
- Very little warp
- Rough or smooth surface possible during one print
- Paintable, grindable, carvable and stainable
- Printable tree-rings
- Sticks well to blue painters tape on an unheated bed.
- Will stick to Kapton tape on a heated bed (50C)
- Contains recycled wood and harmless binding polymers (still, we don't recommend ingesting)
- Similar thermal durability as PLA
- No need to store in a sealed bag or use desiccant (wood loves humidity)
At print temperature LAYWOO-D3 is less viscous than PLA or ABS, a few extra steps can help improve your printing experience:
- Adding extra extrusion to the beginning of your print will help prevent dry extrusion during the initial layers.
- Increasing the retraction setting of your part during slicing will reduce 'leakage' while the hotend is moving between sections (especially over open areas).
LAYWOO-D3 will harden over time, for delicate parts allow 30-60 min for your print to set.
Alternating the temperature during your print (even by as little as 10 degrees) will vary the coloration, giving it a 'grained' look.
Put simply, MatterHackers is the smart place to shop for all things 3D printing and digital manufacturing. The MatterHackers pros are here to partner with you through every step of your journey turning idea into reality and here are just a few of the perks you’ll receive as a customer:
Have a question about this MatterHackers Light Cherry Wood Flexible LAYWOO-D3 Filament - 1.75mm (0.25kg)? Looking for a recommendation? No problem. Feel free to contact us.