METHOD X CARBON FIBER EDITION IS EQUIPPED AND READY TO HELP ANY USER REALIZE INDUSTRIAL-GRADE 3D PRINTING
Designed to 3D print with advanced materials, the MakerBot Method X Carbon Fiber Edition is feature-packed to deliver maximum performance with minimal investment on the part of users.
- Specialized Composite Extruder for Printing Advanced Materials
- Dual Performance Extruders
- Dry-sealed material bays
- 110°C circulated heated build chamber
- Wifi connectivity & 21 on-board sensors
- Remote monitoring & printing
- Seamless CAD integration with AutoDesk Fusion 360, AutoDesk Inventor, and Solidworks
- 25 compatible CAD file types
- 5” Full-color capacitive touch screen
- Over 300,000 hours of reliability testing.
METHOD X CARBON FIBER EDITION IS BUILT TO LAST
A structurally optimized metal frame runs the full length of the body of the Method X Carbon Fiber Edition. This ultra-rigid metal frame was designed with the sole purpose of offsetting flexing, less flexing results in more consistent prints, more accurate parts, and fewer failures overall.
ACHIEVE UNCOMPROMISED LAYER ADHESION AND PART STRENGTH USING CARBON-FIBER INFUSED NYLON
Featuring a 110°C circulating heated chamber, Method X Carbon Fiber Edition allows users to control the temperature and quality of every layer. While heated build plates are effective at reducing first layer warping, the Method X Carbon Fiber Edition takes this approach one step further with full active heat immersion – providing even temperatures for the entire duration of the print job. This allows better layer adhesion for nylon, strengthening your printed parts even more. The increased temperature range also allows for even more advanced materials to be used for desktop additive manufacturing.
SMART FEATURES HELP TO REDUCE COST AND SAVE TIME ON SMALL PRODUCTION MANUFACTURING RUNS
The dual performance extruder system utilized by the Method X Carbon Fiber Edition was built from the ground up with the goal of accelerating print times and providing higher dimensional accuracy across every part. Built-in smart sensors for material management and print protection automatically detect and alert the user when materials are running low and allow for active jam detection during the entire print duration. Other features such as the Spring Steel build plate, which easily pops out to allow users to queue up their next print, and the 5” full-color capacitive touch screen offers users a highly intuitive and seamless user experience.
- Printing technology: Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
- Print heads: Dual
- Dimensional accuracy: ± 0.2 mm
- Layer resolution: 20 – 400 microns
- Build Speed: Max Material Flow Rate: ~50 mm³ per sec
- Print head travel speed: up to 500 mm per sec
- Maximum build volume: 19 L x 19 W x 19.6 H cm / 7.5 x 7.5 x 7.75 in single extrusion; 15.2 L x 19 W x 19.6 H cm / 6.0 x 7.5 x 7.75 in dual extrusion
- Machine dimensions: 43.7 L x 41.3 W x 64.9 H cm / 17.2 x 16.3 x 25.6 in
- Machine weight: 5 kg / 65 lbs
- Frame construction: aluminum die-cast base, extruded aluminum uprights, steel weldment gantry frame.
- Temperature control: circulating heated chamber, 110°C
- Build plate: Flexible steel build plate
- Build surface: Reusable grip surface
- Display: 5” full-color capacitive touch screen
- Camera resolution: 640 x 480 pixels
- Sensor suite: 21 sensors including:
- Humidity control
- Material detection
- Performance extruders:
- Material detection
- Encoder (Jam detection)
- Lid – open/closed
- Door – open/closed
- Temperature sensors – heated chamber
- Calibration sensors
- Extruder thermal core length: 48.2 mm
- Max extruder drive torque: 200 Newtons
- Nozzle diameter: 0.4 mm
- Spool type: Smart spools with RFID sensors
- Spool sensors: Remaining material, material color, material type.
- Supported Materials:
- MakerBot Precisions Materials: ABS (Method X), ASA, PLA, TOUGH, PVA, SR-30 (Method X)
- MakerBot Specialty Materials: PETG, more to come
- Software bundle: MakerBot Print, MakerBot Mobile
- Supported file formats: MakerBot (.makerbot), STL (.stl), SolidWorks (.sldprt, .sldasm), InventorOBJ (.ipt, .iam), IGES (.iges, .igs), STEP AP203/214 (.step, .stp), CATIA (.CATPart, .CATProduct), Wavefront Object (.obj), Unigraphics/NX (.prt), Solid Edge (.par, .asm), ProE/Creo (.prt, .asm), VRML (.wrl), Parasolid (.x_t, .x_b)
- Operating systems:
- Windows (7,10)
- Mac OS X (10.9+)
- Connectivity: USB Drive, USB, Ethernet, WiFi
- Power Requirements:
- METHOD; 100 - 240 V; 3.9A - 1.6A, 50 / 60 Hz; 400 W max.
Please note that due to the size and packaging of this machine, your MakerBot Method X Carbon Fiber Edtion 3D Printer will ship on a pallet via freight, which could extend delivery times. If you are shipping a MakerBot printer to a residential address, the freight company will call you to schedule a delivery. Shipments made to commercial addresses will be made without the need to schedule a delivery.
Why buy from MatterHackers?
Put simply, MatterHackers is the smart place to shop for all things 3D printing and digital manufacturing. The MatterHackers pros are here to partner with you through every step of your journey turning idea into reality and here are just a few of the perks you’ll receive as a customer:
- Free, Fast Shipping
No matter how large or small your order is, U.S. customers will always receive free, fast shipping. Most orders placed before 4pm ET M-F ship same day.
- Best Price Guarantee
We work hard to make sure that we offer the lowest prices available - shop confidently knowing you’re getting the best deals on the items you love. Learn more about our Best Price Guarantee here.
- Rewards Program
We just want to help you save - MatterHackers' customers can earn a store credit of 3% back on all eligible purchases. Learn more and become a Rewards Program member here.
- Success Guarantee
MatterHackers is invested in your success. From our free phone and email support to our easy exchange program, MatterHackers sets you up on the road to success even with just one purchase. Learn more here.
Have a question about this MatterHackers MakerBot Method X Carbon Fiber Edition 3D Printer? Looking for a recommendation? No problem. Feel free to contact us.