Phaetus Phaetus Dragonfly BMS Hotend - Black
The Phaetus Dragonfly BMS Hotend is a drop-in replacement upgrade (or starter) designed to deliver excellent print quality and performance. This all-metal hotend features plated copper core parts for faster and better thermal conductivity, a bimetallic heatbreak design that eliminates heat creep and clogs, and is capable of hi-temp 3D printing up to 500°C making it compatible with most thermoplastic materials.
- Excellent thermal conductivity
- Design prevents heat creep and clogs
- Capable of high-temp 3D printing
- Specifically compatible with Creality-style extrusion setups
To learn about available discounts, training, and maintenance options, please use the form below and a MatterHackers Expert will contact you within one business day. Alternatively, you can always feel free to give us a call at +1 (800) 613-4290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get an instant quote, add everything you need to your cart, and click "Download as quote".
Phaetus Dragonfly BMS Hotend
The Reliable All-In-One, Fully-Assembled Hotend
The all-metal Phaetus Dragonfly BMS hotend delivers excellent print quality and performance by including all the bells and whistles needed for quick, reliable thermal conductivity, consistent filament flow, and maximum thermoplastics compatibility with its high resistance to temperatures up to 500°C.
Key Features of the Phaetus Dragonfly BMS Hotend:
- Drop-in replacement for Creality-style Extrusion Setup
- Excellent Thermal Conductivity
- Designed to Eliminate Heat Creep & Clogs
- Capable of Hi-Temp 3D Printing up to 500°C
- Compatible with Most Thermoplastic Materials
Experience Faster and Better Thermal Conductivity
The core parts of the Phaetus Dragonfly are composed of plated copper, one of the best materials for fast and reliable thermal conduction when FDM 3D printing.
- Better thermal conductivity = Faster heating & better heat emission
- Heatbreak and Heater Block composed of copper alloy
- Comes with Plated Copper Nozzle
Eliminate Heat Creep & Clogs
The Phaetus Dragonfly Hotend prevents heat creeps and clogs via its thoughtfully engineered bimetallic heatbreak design that delivers fantastic thermal and material output performance.
- Copper alloy makeup produces better thermal conductivity
- Better heat dissipation due to conical design
- Smoother filament flow thanks to lower roughness average (Ra) of heatbreak's inner hole
The Drop-In Upgrade That's Ready to Install
Looking to improve your printer's stock hotend? Phaetus' Dragonfly BMS is the drop-in replacement that has all the upgrades to take your FDM 3D printing to the next level.
- Ready to install right out of the box
- Improves hot extrusion performance
- Heats up to 500°C (with the right heater cartridge)
- Compatible with any 3D printer that uses a V6-style setup
- Click here for the creality-style compatible version
What Comes with the Phaetus Dragonfly BMS Hotend?
|1 x Fully Assembled Dragonfly BMS Hotend
|1 x Collet Clip|
|1 x Silicone Sock|
|1 x Thermal Paste (Thermal Conductive Silicone)|
|1 x Brass Thermistor Cartridge (Drivepipe)|
|3 x Hexagon Rods
|2 x Open Wrenches
|Four M2.5 Hexagon Socket Head Screws|
|Two M1.4 Inner Hexagon Screws|
|Two M3 Fastening Screws|
What Filaments Are Compatible with the Phaetus Dragonfly BMS Hotend?
|Filament||Abrasion Resistant Nozzle Required|
What Are the Technical Specifications of the Phaetus Dragonfly BMS Hotend?
- Heatsink: Aluminum
- Heatbreak: Copper Alloy
- Heatblock: Copper Alloy
- Supporting Screw: Titanium Alloy
- Available Colors
- Filament Diameter Compatibility: 1.75mm
- Max. Operating Temperature: 500°C
- Note this is dependent on using the correct heater cartridge (sourced separately)
- Plated Copper
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4mm
- Abrasion Resistant: No
- Plated Copper
- Heating Power Compatibility: 12V and 24V
- Electronics sourced separately
- Product Dimensions: 49mm x 21mm x 24mm
- Net Weight: 45g
- Instruction Manual for the Phaetus Dragonfly BMS Hotend
Which Printers Are Compatible with the Phaetus Dragonfly BMS Hotend?
- Creality CR-10
- Creality CR-10S Series
- Creality CR-10S
- Creality CR-10-S4
- Creality CR-10-S5
- Creality CR-10 Mini
- Creality CR-20 Pro
- Creality Ender 2
- Creality Ender 3
- Creality Ender 3 Pro
- Creality Ender 3 V2
- Creality Ender 5
- Creality Ender 5 Pro
- Creality Ender 5 Plus
- TronXY X5S
- TronXY XY2 Pro
- Tevo Tornado
- Alfawise U20
- Lotmaxx SC-10
What's the difference between the Dragonfly BMS and Dragonfly BMO?
- The only difference between the BMS and BMO is the heatsink. The BMS's heatsink design is engineered to be compatible with Creality-style extruder setups while the BMO's heatsink design is compatible with V6-style extruder setups.