PANUCATT Panucatt SureStepr SD8825 Stepper Driver 4 Pack
The Panucatt SureStepr is a bi-polar stepper motor driver based on the robust Texas Instruments DRV8825 chips. These drivers are simple to use and operate using an indexer (DIR/STEP) interface to move the stepper motors. The SD8825 is a drop-in replacement for Pololu style footprint drivers including the A4988, A4983 and Stepsticks.
This comes with 4 Stepper Drivers.
The SSD8825 is unique compared to other stepper drivers becuase the components are mounted on the underside of the PCB with the top exposed for easy heat sink mounting. The driver chip has a heat pad at the bottom of the case that allows heat to be drawn away from it. By having the parts at the bottom you can now attach a heatsink that is thermally connected to the heat pad thereby cooling the chip better compared to attaching the heat sink on top of the IC.
The SD88825 comes pre-soldered with special 0.1” pitch headers that are taller than what is commonly available. This gives more space at the bottom to protect the parts from shorting into something and allows air to flow more freely on the underside of the board.
The SD8825 drivers are known for their robustness and very good thermal management due to its unique design layout. These are better performers compared to other DRV8825 drivers out there.
Features and Specs:
- Made with 4 Layer 2oz copper RoHS( v1 2 Layer)
- 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 and 1/32 Microstepping
- Up to 2.5 Amps drive current
- Chip has built in logic supply
- Bottom mounted parts for better heat dissipation
- Comes with Heat sink
- Easy to use DIR/Step interface
- Over current, Over temperature and short circuit protection
- Fault pin and decay pin available on separate header pins
- Vref accessible for external current limit control
- Motor Voltage: 45V max