Critical medical equipment is needed to fight COVID-19 - Here is how we can connect you to the correct source:
This hub intends to connect those who need medical aid (Hospitals and Govt. Agencies) and those who can create it using Digital Manufacturing, for which MatterHackers has a broad base of customers to engage with. Whether you are an individual with a 3D printer in your home, or you manage a manufacturing floor with 50+ 3D printers and digital fabrication tools, your support is needed.
Please find the correct registration forms below and we'll be reaching out to each person to discuss needs and how you can help further.
Makers Who Can Help
Makers, Engineers, and Print Farms Who Want to Help
Got idle fabrication equipment in the USA and/or design skills that you want to put to use in response to COVID-19? If you are an individual with access to a 3D printer, manage a print farm or have access to other additive manufacturing equipment, please register below and you will be notified how you can help print parts for medical devices.
Medical Facilities Who Need Supplies
Medical Facilities and Government Agencies Looking for Assistance
If you are a U.S. healthcare professional, provider or institution (including research labs and device manufacturers) in need of fabricated items or equipment, we're ready to connect you to a local source of assistance.
Sponsor Critical Supplies through ATHENA
If you do not have manufacturing equipment you can still help.
MatterHackers is teaming up with ATHENA Rapid Response Innovation Lab, a nonprofit organization focused on bringing quick manufacturing solutions to people during times of crisis. ATHENA is supporting multiple efforts responding to the coronavirus global pandemic, including individuals creating prototypes and producing personal protective equipment (PPE). Donate here.
There remains a lot of widespread information out in the world at the moment about how Additive Manufacturing can fill gaps for current medical needs.
We intend to clear the air and be a National Source of consolidated information. MatterHackers stands on the shoulders of a community that is prepared to be put into action. Those members, and our valued customers, look forward to assisting those in need.
- We're focused on the USA only.
- We have a team of Engineers, EHS, and Emergency Response specialists working to validate designs and ensure what we are printing/fabricating is Safe and Effective. A list of devices will be available shortly.
Models to Print
Models to Print
While we are still waiting on validating some models, the following have been circulating through our medical facility partners with positive feedback - please feel free to start production and we will be in touch on where your parts can be distributed shortly:
- 3D Printed Protective Face Shield by 3DVerkstan
- 3D Printed Surgical Mask Comfort Strap
- 3D Printed Low-Germ Exposure Door Handle Adapter
Quick Tips for COVID-19 3D Printing
While you wait to be notified, check out the following tips and guidelines for 3D printing components in response to COVID-19:
- Print with PETG filament. View our "How to Succeed with PETG Filament" guide here.
- If you don't have PETG, PLA is an efficient alternative. View our "How to Succeed with PLA Filament" guide here.
- Brush up on all the basics for 3D printing to ensure quality prints and to optimize your workflow - view the collection of useful tips here.
- If you are using any bed adhesives, be sure to clean them off.
- It is best to wear gloves and keep things as clean as possible. Hospitals will be sterilizing parts, but you should try to make it as easy as possible for them to do so.
MatterHackers is in a unique position to connect the additive manufacturing community with experts in various medical professions thanks to many factors, including a wide customer base, employees with medical device engineering backgrounds, and the drive and urgency to help others during this unprecedented time.
This fight is far from over, and we are privileged to be able to do what we do best - connect people with solutions to be successful in making anything. It’s like we’ve been training our whole maker lives for this moment.
- We have virtualized our operations, but you can still reach our friendly Sales and Customer Support staff by emailing email@example.com or calling +1 (949) 613-5838.
- We are temporarily halting all in-store pickup orders, walk-ins, and tours until further notice.
- We will continue to ship orders in a timely manner and our warehouse teams are taking maximum safety precautions.
- We are working hard to ensure as much continuity of supply as possible, however in the coming weeks, availability of certain materials may be impacted. In those cases we are working to make alternatives available. Please contact us if you have specific material needs to discuss.
Volunteers in the Maker Response Hub are 3D printing PPE components that are being delivered across the country to hostpitals and medical facilities in need. All of our volunteers' hard work printing around the clock is truly making a difference.