Developed for lab use 3D printing with extremely abrasive filaments, the Olsson Ruby 3D printer nozzle is the most wear-resistant nozzle on the market. Capable of extruding upwards of 8kg of carbon fiber filament with zero signs of wear, no filament is too tough for the Olsson Ruby. The original ruby nozzle is a perfect fit for any E3D style hotend, and this version is compatible with the MK8 style hotend.
|Order Now:||Ships calculating... Free U.S. Shipping|
Print endless amounts of abrasive filament
Born from the same demanding lab that gave us the Olsson heater block, the Olsson Ruby 3D printer nozzle is the most wear resistant nozzle available. Developed for use while printing extremely abrasive Boron Carbide filament, the Olsson Ruby prints kilograms of even the most abrasive consumer filaments with no visible signs of wear.
Why the Olsson Ruby is right for your 3D printer
- One nozzle for any material. While the Ruby has been developed for use with highly abrasive materials, it also produces beautiful 3D prints with less abrasive materials such as PLA, ABS or Nylon
- The ruby embedded in the tip of the nozzle will not wear down when printing even the toughest materials. Designed for use printing Boron Carbide, the third hardest known material in the world.
- The main body of the Olsson Ruby is brass, which means excellent heat conductivity throughout the nozzle to maintain consistent temperature.
- The ruby nozzle has been in field testing since early 2016 and the community has produced stunning prints using this nozzle
- Each Olsson Ruby nozzle is manufactured, assembled and testing at their high-quality facility in Sweden. By controlling their process and keeping it close to home they can guarantee the best quality and tight tolerances on each and every nozzle.
Perfect for printing NylonX
Author of the OpenRC Project, the OpenRailway Project and designer of the Benchy, Daniel Norée has found great success printing many of his designs with the Olsson Ruby nozzle and MatterHackers NylonX filament.
Daniel describes his experience printing NylonX with the Olsson Ruby:
”Other than being a high precision product the Olsson Ruby offers great value when iterating a project like the OpenRC Mini Quad and need that long time consistency in quality as it won't degrade over time nearly as much many of it´s competitors when printing abrasive filament like the NylonX.”
The Olsson Ruby is an excellent nozzle for printing MatterHackers NylonX carbon fiber infused nylon filament. NylonX produces super strong parts, but can quickly wear out a standard brass nozzle. The strength and abrasive resistance of the Ruby nozzle enables makers to print kilograms of carbon fiber filament with zero signs of wear on the nozzle.
The Olsson Ruby is the perfect nozzle for printing with MatterHackers NylonX