Duet3D Duet 3 ToolBoard is here, the days of a wiring rat’s nest between the mainboard and hotend of a direct-drive 3D printer are over thanks the Duet 3 Toolboards. Connecting to the Duet 3 6HC mainboard via the CAN bus, this board puts all the necessary connections for a hotend and extruder on the tool itself. While this board can keep your single-extruder 3D printer wiring down, it truly shines in multi-tool setups when paired with the Tool Distribution Board, allowing up to 4 toolboards.
The toolboard keeps your mainboard running at peak performance by handling many computations with it’s onboard ARM processor. Instead of running cables all the way back to the mainboard, this tool board accepts the connections from the extruder motor, heater cartridge, thermistor, hotend fan, part cooling fan, filament runout sensor, and z-probe.
|Order Now:||Ships calculating... Free U.S. Shipping|
The Duet3D Toolboard places the control requirements for a direct drive extruder right on the tool. It controls the stepper motor driver, 3 mosfets for heaters and fans, 2 fan tacho inputs, 2 temperature sensor interfaces, filament monitor, Z probe and endstop, using an ARM Cortex M0 processor.
This reduces the number of wires needed to two power wires and two twisted pairs for the CAN bus. In comparison a direct drive extruder tool such as the E3D Hemera would normally need four wires for the stepper motor, two for the heater, three to five for 2 fans, and at least 2 for the temperature sensor: total 11 or more wires. If a filament monitor is wanted, 3 more wires are needed; and if a Z probe is wanted, another 1 to 3 wires, totalling 14 to 17.
- ARM Cortex M0+ processor running at 48MHz
- One TMC2209 stepper driver with stall detection and stealthChop. Maximum output current 1.6A peak, 1.1A RMS (pending qualification by thermal testing)
- One high current output (OUT0) intended for extruder heater, maximum current 5A.
- One 4-wire fan output (OUT1) (also accepts a 2- or 3-wire fan) intended for use as the print cooling fan. When using a 4-wire fan, the tacho reading is valid at all PWM settings. 1
- One 3-wire fan output (OUT2 ) (also accepts a 2-wire fan) intended for use as the hot end fan. NB the tacho reading is valid only when running the fan at full speed. 1
- 0.8A total for OUT1 and OUT2 when set to 12V because the maximum output current of the 12V regulator is 1A, and the 5V rail is also derived from that regulator.
- Two thermistor or PT1000 inputs (Temp0 and Temp1). One (input Temp0) uses a 16-bit ADC for high resolution reading of PT1000 sensors.
- One 4-pin connector (IO_0) - example use case a Z-probe with 5V power. As of RRF 3.01, only Z probe modes 8 and 9 are supported (see Connecting a Z probe for details)
- One 3-pin connector with 3.3V power(IO_1) - example use case a filament monitor .
- One 3-pin connector with 5V power (IO_2) - example use case an axis endstop or tool pickup detection switch.
- One 3 pin footprint (IO_3 Switch) to mount a Omron D2FD-1L30-1T ultra subminiture switch or similar - example use case is a tool docking confirmation switch.
- An integrated LIS3DH accelerometer (v1.1 only).
- Two push buttons
- Two LEDs
- 12 to 32V power input
- On-board 12V, 5V and 3.3V regulators
- CAN-FD interconnect to main controller board and other Toolboards or expansion boards
Put simply, MatterHackers is the smart place to shop for all things 3D printing and digital manufacturing. The MatterHackers pros are here to partner with you through every step of your journey turning idea into reality and here are just a few of the perks you’ll receive as a customer:
- Free, Fast Shipping on orders over $35
No matter how large or small your order is, U.S. customers will always receive free, fast shipping on orders over $35. Most orders placed before 4pm ET M-F ship same day.
- Lowest Price Guarantee
We work hard to make sure that we offer the lowest prices available - shop confidently knowing you’re getting the best deals on the items you love. Learn more about our Lowest Price Guarantee here.
- Rewards Program
We just want to help you save - MatterHackers' customers can earn a store credit of 3% back on all eligible purchases. Learn more and become a Rewards Program member here.
- Success Guarantee
MatterHackers is invested in your success. From our free phone and email support to our easy exchange program, MatterHackers sets you up on the road to success even with just one purchase. Learn more here.
Have a question about this MatterHackers Duet3D Duet 3 Toolboard 1LC V1.0? Looking for a recommendation? No problem. Feel free to contact us.