MatterHackers LayerLock Build Surface for Polypropylene
LayerLock Build Surface for Polypropylene increases successful additive manufacturing of low friction, print-to-production parts via its chemical makeup.
Top LayerLock for Polypropylene Features:
• Ideal for Polypropylene & OBC - Polypropylene & OBC stick very well
• Decrease Warping - Minimize warps that are notorious with this material
• Save on Resources - Save time, money, and materials lost from frequently failed prints
To easily remove polypropylene prints off your build surface, we suggest pairing bed adhesion solutions for polypropylene with our LayerLock Build Surface. Solutions by Magigoo and Smart Materials are recommended.
To learn about available discounts, training, and maintenance options, please use the form below and a MatterHackers Expert will contact you within one business day. Alternatively, you can always feel free to give us a call at +1 (800) 613-4290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get an instant quote, add everything you need to your cart, and click "Download as quote".
LAYERLOCK BUILD SURFACE FOR POLYPROPYLENE
POLYPROPYLENE 3D PRINTING MADE EASY
LayerLock Build Surface for Polypropylene delivers reliable strong bed adhesion with polypropylene and OBC 3D printing materials for increased additive manufacturing success.
Key Features of LayerLock for Polypropylene:
- Ideal for Printing Polypropylene and OBC Filaments
- Decreases Warping
- Increases number of successful prints
Designed to Succeed with Polypropylene
By maintaining a tight grip on that first layer, LayerLock Build Surface for Polypropylene overcomes the complications that come with semi-crystalline quality materials.
- Designed with Polypropylene and OBC filaments in mind
- Significantly reduces chances of warping
- Combining this surface with Magigoo or SmartMaterials' bed adhesion solutions is recommended
Gain Confidence With New Materials
LayerLock for Polypropylene reduces warping with these high-strength, chemical-resistant materials so you can confidently explore and succeed with more than just PLA and ABS.
- Confidently start printing with new materials like OBC and polypropylene
- Minimize difficulties from the get-go with the right bed surface
- Find relief in saving time, money, and resources due to reduced failures from warping and weak adhesion
Produce Sturdier FDM Printed Prototypes
Polypropylene and OBC are fantastic materials for prototyping parts that also use the same material in the final product. LayerLock for Polypropylene makes it easier to produce sturdier prints out of an advanced material capable of testing a part's true capabilities.
- Comfortably use a filament that's used in most end-use everyday products
- Produce more prototypes that have awesome qualities such as:
- Extreme resistance to fatigue
- High chemical resistance
- Worry less about warp in printing so you can focus on designing and engineering
What Materials are Compatible with LayerLock Build Surface for Polypropylene?
|Compatible Material||Additional Adhesive Recommended*|
*Compatible filaments stick to this surface so well that it's recommended to apply an additional adhesive to make print removal easier. See recommended Bed Adhesion Solutions via the Add-Ons when adding to cart.
- For success with standard filaments like ABS, PLA, PETG, and more, check out LayerLock Powder Coated PEI Build Plate.
- For success with nylon and nylon-based filaments, check out LayerLock Garolite Build Surface.
How Do You Install and Maintain LayerLock Build Surface for Polypropylene?
- Clean your build plate with isopropyl alcohol.
- Remove the adhesive liner on the back of the LayerLock sheet
- Attach and align the sheet onto the build plate
- Calibrate Z-height
- Level print bed
That's it! You're ready to print.
- Apply some kind of Polypropylene Bed Adhesion Solution before printing (one application typically lasts for a couple of prints).
- If there's debris, dust, or residue on the print surface, wipe it clean with a paper towel or lint-free cloth.
- Use a small amount of isopropyl alcohol on the towel/cloth if necessary.
Loss of Strong Bed Adhesion?
- Make sure printer is turned off.
- Pour a small pool of warm water on the build surface's print area
- Make sure no water goes near the electronics
- Remove the adhesive with a spatula until the surface is clean
- Wipe away excess water.
- Repeat steps as necessary until all leftover bed adhesion solution has been removed.
What Sizes are Available for LayerLock Build Surface for Polypropylene?
|Length x Width**||Printer Compatibility*|
|9" x 10" (228mm x 254mm)||
|11.8" x 11.8" (300mm x 300mm)||
|13.07" x 13.39" (332mm x 340mm)||
*This is compatibility in terms of size. It is up to the user to confirm that their printer has the necessary magnetic base to properly use this build plate.
**These sheets can be cut down to size. Please use caution when using tools such as art knives and utility knives. You may need to the blade over the cut a few times before successfully cutting through the sheet and adhesive.
LayerLock Build Surface for Polypropylene Technical Specifications
- Operating Temperature: Up to 190°F (~87.78°C)
- Size & Thickness Tolerance: +/- 0.015"
- Thickness: 0.033" (0.84mm)
- Surface Area: Varies. See Table above for surface areas of specific options.