LDO Systems LDO VORON 2.4 R2 CoreXY Self-Assembly 3D Printer Kit
The LDO Voron 2.4 R2 CoreXY 3D Printer DIY Kit is a large-format 3D printer with linear rails on every axis, a stable build plate, and a powerful bed heater. It is easily enclosable and includes all the hardware essentials. It has a large build volume of up to 350mm x 350mm x 350mm (13.8" x 13.8" x 13.8").
- Large Build volume
- Linear rails on every axis
- Stable build plate
To learn about available discounts, training, and maintenance options, please use the form below and a MatterHackers Expert will contact you within one business day. Alternatively, you can always feel free to give us a call at +1 (800) 613-4290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get an instant quote, add everything you need to your cart, and click "Download as quote".
*Raspberry Pi is not included and will need to be sourced separately*
If printing your own printer parts, ABS or ASA are recommended materials for Voron printed parts.
This latest release of Voron 2.4 350 is Revision C, and has the following new features:
- 350 Kits Come with Revo Voron by E3D
- 4.3" Touchscreen
- Custom silicone bed heater
- Improved Toolhead PCB to better interface with Stealthburner
- Externally Mounted Thermistor for more accurate temperature readings
LDO VORON 2.4 R2 3D PRINTER DIY KIT
HIGH-SPEED 3D PRINTING MADE EASY
Voron 3D printers are known for being well engineered for high-speed 3D printing, making no sacrifices in order to achieve speeds around 100mm/s for regular printing moves. With a little tweaking and tuning you'll find that you too can get your LDO Voron 2.4 R2 kit to speed through 3D prints with ease.
Here are the key features of the LDO Voron 2.4 R2 3D Printer DIY Kit:
- Linear Rails on Every Axis
- Parts by Trusted Manufacturer LDO
- Stable Build Plate for Quick Printing
- Powerful Bed Heater
- Easily Enclosable
- Includes Most of the Hardware Essentials
With a huge build volume of up to 350mm x 350mm x 350mm, the Voron 2.4 has one of the largest build volumes available at MatterHackers. Reduce the number of models you need to split into separate pieces to fit within your build plate! Or if you have one small design and need hundreds of them, 3D print huge batches on the super-flat milled aluminum build plate.
- Build Volume:
- Voron 2.4 350: 350mm x 350mm x 350mm (13.8" x 13.8" x 13.8")
- Voron 2.4 300: 300mm x 300mm x 300mm (11.8" x 11.8" x 11.8")
- Prototype or create large end-use parts in-house
- Print huge batches at once
- Beneficial for a wide variety of industries
LINEAR RAILS GUIDED MOTION SYSTEM
The most common 3D printers use bearings and linear rods, an affordable and simple design that allows for a little play in the system, as these machines aren't intended to move fast. Once you approach speeds near 100mm/s, that play burdens the possible results you could hope to achieve. Linear rails are significantly more constrained and with the properly chosen pre-load prevent the various carriages from vibrating and wobbling throughout motion.
- 7 Stainless Steel Linear Rails
- Four guide the Z axis
- Two guide the Y axis
- One guides the X axis
RIGIDITY IS THE KEY
In order to 3D print at high speeds, you need a 3D printer that's as rigid as possible to limit any resonant frequencies. Many common 3D printers have a bed that constantly moves along Y or regularly moves along Z, but the Voron 2.4 has a bed that doesn't move at all; it is rigidly mounted to the frame. By utilizing a "Flying Gantry" style motion system, the 3D print is able to be locked down to the build plate throughout the 3D print without any fears of a wobbling cantilevered bed or the inertial mass that would need to be considered.
- Milled MIC6 Aluminum build plate is 6mm thick to ensure plenty of thermal mass to soak heat and remain flat throughout heatup cycles.
- Magnetic sticker can remained magnetized at temperatures necessary for ABS 3D printing temperatures
- Double sided, flexible spring-steel build plate allows you to easily switch between smooth or textured PEI to improve part adhesion and flex and twist the build plate to remove finished 3D prints.
POWERFUL AC BED HEATER
By carefully using the power of mains voltage, the silicone heater mat is able to reach temperatures as high as 110°C within a couple minutes. By connecting the included thermal fuse, risk of thermal runaway is mitigated, as an overheating bed will cause the fuse to burst and disconnect power to the bed heater.
- 120VAC 750W silicone bed heater
- Adheres to the underside of the MIC6 aluminum build plate.
- Thermal fuse bursts at 125°C for thermal runaway protection
- Grounding wire protects the user from faulty wiring.
COMPILED AND PRODUCED BY INDUSTRY LEADER LDO
This Voron 2.4 Kit is assembled by LDO Motors, an industry leader known amongst the additive manufacturing community for producing and supplying quality 3D printer components and accessories. Sourcing trusted reliable parts is half the battle of successfully building a Voron and LDO makes it a whole lot easier by manufacturing and sourcing a large majority of those essential parts so you can focus on the labor of assembly rather than component hunting.
- Sourced and Manufactured by LDO
- Greatly Relieves User's Burden for Sourcing Parts
- Rest easy knowing components are from a trusted supplier
EASY TO ENCLOSE BY DESIGN
The entirety of the Voron 2.4's construction remains within the space of the frame; not a single part leaves the volume created by the frame. This makes enclosing the 3D printer simple and easy as you can easily mount panels using the T-slot frame. Included with this kit are all the clear acrylic panels you need to enclose the build volume and have a magnetically latching set of front doors. Before you 3D print the panel clips and begin enclosing the printer, make sure all the components are able to withstand the higher temperatures that will be generated; enclosing the build volume is for ABS and aluminum parts kits only, but panels are included with all kits.
- Fully enclosable by design
- Keeps drafts out and hot air around temperature sensitive parts
- Contains any possible fumes that can be vented through the included exhaust fan assembly.
ALL THE HARDWARE ESSENTIALS NEEDED TO GET STARTED
Originally intended as a passion project, the Voron 2.4's explosion in popularity showed the difficulty in creating this as a self-sourced project. Thanks to the work of many interested parties, it's easier than ever to get a ready-packed kit with all the components you need to assemble a working Voron 2.4. With such an interested following comes many modifications and quality-of-life upgrades offered by the community to improve your experience with the Voron 2.4, all of which are compatible with this kit.
- Blind joint aluminum frame
- Fasteners Kit with all the necessary nuts and bolts
- Electronics and Wiring included from motors to sensors
- Panels Kit for the electronics compartment and the sidewalls
What Materials Can I Print with the Voron 2.4 3D Printer?
The Voron 2.4 can handle nearly every material available for desktop 3D printing, including advanced materials and composites filaments. Here is a list of 3D printing materials compatible with the Voron 2.4:
- PLA and Tough PLA
- ABS and ASA
- PETG and CPE
- Nylon, NylonX and NylonG (with at least a hardened steel nozzle)
- TPU and TPE
- PVA and Soluble Supports
- View all Voron 2.4 Compatible materials here.
WHAT UPGRADES ARE AVAILABLE FOR THE LDO VORON 2.4 R2 3D PRINTER KIT?
For more details about each individual upgrade, click the product name links (if available).
|E3D 24V Revo Voron*||Phaetus Rapido HF1||Mosquito Magnum Kit1|
Small, lightweight aluminum
|Designed for fast high-flow 3D
printing, quick one-handed
nozzle changes, and printing
with a wide variety of
This comes with one 0.4mm
hardened steel nozzle and
one 0.4mm plated copper
Designed for fast high-flow 3D
*Note: Slice Engineering
|Increase grip and eliminate
grinding with this large gear,
*Note: Additional wiring
|ABS Printer Parts
|Aluminum Printer Parts
ABS printer parts produced
Premium Aluminum CNC
*Currently, Revo Voron is a purchasable upgrade for the 300 kits. It comes stock with the 350 kits.
1 If purchasing with the 350 kits, you will receive this hotend in addition to the Revo Voron that comes stock with the 350 kits.
2 You will receive this filament extruder in addition to the BMG hardware components that come stock with the kit
WHAT ADD-ONS ARE AVAILABLE FOR THE LDO VORON 2.4 R2 3D PRINTER KIT?
For more details about each individual add-on, click the product name links (if available).
|Voron Tap Kit||Revo Brass Nozzles (3pk)||Revo ObXidian (2pk)|
|Upgrade to an extremely
precise Z-probe sensor.
Click here for specific
|Brass nozzles compatible with
E3D Revo hotends only.
This comes with three Revo
brass nozzles in 0.25mm,
0.6mm, and 0.8mm.
compatible with E3D Revo
This comes with two Revo
wear-resistant nozzles in
0.4mm and 0.6mm.
|0.4mm Revo ObXidian||0.6mm Revo ObXidian||0.4mm CHT M6 Nozzle|
nozzle compatible with E3D
Revo hotends only.
nozzle compatible with E3D
Revo hotends only.
|0.4mm nozzle designed for
higher melt capacity and
features patented Core
|Spring Steel Build Plate
13.78" x 13.78"
|PEI Powder-Coated Plate
13.78" x 13.78"
|PEI Powder-Coated Plate
11.8" x 11.8"
|LayerLock Sprint Steel Build
Plate for a 350 x 350mm
|LayerLock PEI Powder-Coated
Build Plate for a 350x350mm
|LayerLock PEI Powder-Coated
Build Plate for a 300x300mm
What's in the LDO Voron 2.4 R2 Base Kit?
- Mechanical Hardware to assemble Voron
- Printed Parts: Not Included; Upgrades Available
- Motherboard: BigTreeTech Octopus V1.1
- Screen: Mini 12864 Display (BTT) (300 kit only) or 4.3" Capacitive Touchscreen (350 kit only)
- Extruder: Essential Hardware Components for Direct Drive BMG (excludes printed encasing); Upgrades Available
- Gears provided are genuine Bondtech parts
- Extruder System: Clockwork 1
- Toolhead Type: Afterburner (with an additional Stealthburner upgrade kit)
- Hotend: Not Included (300 kits) or E3D Revo Voron (350 kits); Upgrades Available
- Nozzle: Not Included (300 kits) or 0.4mm E3D Revo Brass (300 kits); Upgrades Available
- Print Bed Type: Magnetic Base
- Bed Surface: Double-sided Powder Coated PEI Build Plate
- Enclosure: Acrylic Panels Included
- No Raspberry Pi is included in this kit.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR VORON 2.4 KIT
ASSEMBLY REQUIRED. This is a kit, NOT a fully assembled 3D printer.
|Printer Build Volume||~546mm x 511mm x 614mm
(~21.5" x 20.125" x 24.125")
|Max Print Volume - 350||350mm x 350mm x 350mm
(13.8" x 13.8" x 13.8")
|Max Print Volume - 300||300mm x 300mm x 300mm
(11.8" x 11.8" x 11.8")
|Max Bed Temp||110°C|
|Max Print Speed||250mm/s|
|Max Travel Speed||300mm/s|
*Note these specs are based on the BASE kit. Some specs are subjected to change based on available upgrades/personal modifications.
WHAT ARE SOME HELPFUL GUIDES FOR THE VORON 2.4?
Check out the links below from the creators of Voron for some very helpful resources and documentation on getting your Voron 2.4 up and running.
- LDO Voron 2.4 Kit Documents and Guides
- LDO Voron 2.4 Kit BOM
- Voron 2.4 PDF Assembly Manual Download
- Instructions to Request a Serial Number for Your COMPLETED Voron Build
- Voron 2.4 Homepage
- Voron 2.4 Sourcing Guide
- Voron 2.4 GitHub
- Voron 2.4 STL Downloads
- Voron Documentation
- Voron Build Instructions
- Voron Suggested FDM Printed Part Settings
- Voron Discord
Please note that assistance from our Customer Service team is limited to assisting with the nature of the order and providing links from the creators that may help you with your inquiry.
Please note that returns are not accepted on opened kits. Only new, unopened kits may be returned within 30 days of purchase. If a part from the kit is determined to be defective or missing during the warranty period, a replacement part or store credit of equal cost to the defective/missing unit will be provided.
If there is a problem with the packaging or damage during shipment, please return the product immediately. Otherwise, a return will not be offered after assembly.