LayerLock Powder Coated PEI Build Plate optimizes successfully 3D printing standard filaments through strong first layer adhesion thanks to its powder-coated PEI textured surface.
Top LayerLock Powder Coated PEI Features:
• Ideal for Popular Materials - PLA, ABS, and PETG stick very well
• Increase 3D Printing Success - Ideal surface for common filaments
• Long-Lasting Surface - Double-sided plate lasts for thousands of prints
• Save on Replacements - Reduce replacing build sheets with a robust plate
This product requires your printer to have a magnetic base installed in order to properly use this build plate as intended.
LAYERLOCK POWDER COATED PEI BUILD PLATE
STANDARD MATERIAL 3D PRINTING MADE EASY
LayerLock Powder Coated PEI Build Plate delivers consistently strong bed adhesion with standard 3D printing materials. Succeeding with common filaments such as PLA, ABS, and PETG just got a lot easier with this strategically designed build plate.
Key Features of LayerLock Powder Coated PEI:
- Ideal for Printing PETG, PLA, and ABS Filaments
- Durable Double-Sided Long-Lasting Surface
- Decreases Warping
- Produces a beautiful textured first layer print surface
- No additional print removal tools needed
Layer Adhesion Locked Down
LayerLock Powder Coated PEI Build Plate is engineered to reliably lock down the adhesion bond between the build surface and a print's first layer.
- First layers lock onto powder-coated PEI surface
- Save time, money, and resources thanks to reduced failures from warping and weak adhesion
- Learn how to succeed with a powder-coated PEI surface via this article
Robust Build with Room for Flexibility
This LayerLock build plate is powder coated with PEI on both sides for a robust surface that'll last twice as long. Because the plate is made of spring steel, there's enough flexibility to pop prints off with a bend, making part removal easier than ever.
- Engineered to last thanks to its double-sided powder-coated application
- Spend less on replacing temporary build sheets
- Remove prints off the bed without any need for sharp removal tools
Unique & Useful First Layer Surface
The powder-coating application of this LayerLock PEI Build Plate produces a rugged texture that adds a charming and useful quality to your print.
- Produce prints with first layers that stand out from the rest
- Enjoy the mesmerizing texture that can also hide many small first layer flaws
- Find utility in a bumpy texture that's useful for purposes such as reducing slippage on the first layer
What Materials are Compatible with LayerLock Powder Coated PEI Build Plate?
|Compatible Material||Z-Height Sensitive|
|TPU / TPE||✔|
* Optimal nozzle height is crucial for these materials to avoid infusing prints into the build surface.
How Do You Install and Maintain LayerLock Powder Coated PEI Build Plate?
- Attach and align plate onto magnetic base
- Calibrate Z-height
- Level print bed
That's it! You're ready to print. For a more detailed walkthrough on "How to Succeed" with a powder-coated PEI plate (installing, printing, maintenance, or troubleshooting), check out our article here!
- Do NOT print too low with PETG, RYNO, TPU, and TPE.
- Remove prints extruded out of these materials while the bed is still heated at 60°C.
- Remove PLA and ABS prints from the build plate AFTER the bed has cooled down.
- Do NOT over flex the spring steel plate. Minor flexing should suffice.
- Do NOT use a sharp scraper to remove prints off the surface.
- Re-calibrate your z-height and re-level your bed whenever you make large changes to your print settings such as print speed, layer height, bed and nozzle temperature, etc.
What Sizes are Available for LayerLock Powder Coated PEI Build Plate?
|Length x Width||Printer Compatibility*|
|8" x 8" (203mm x 203mm)|
|9.5" x 10" (241mm x 254mm)|
|11.8" x 11.8" (300mm x 300mm)
*plus 10mm along length for tab
|12" x 12" (304mm x 304mm)
*plus 10mm along length for tab
|13.78" x 13.78" (350mm x 350mm)
*plus 10mm along length for tabs
|14.84" x 14.57" (377mm x 370mm)
*plus 10mm along width for tab
*This is compatibility in terms of size. It is up to the user to confirm that their printer has the necessary magnetic base to properly use this build plate.
LayerLock Powder Coated PEI Build Plate Technical Specifications
- Double-Sided Surface Material: Powder Coated PEI
- Build Plate Material: Spring Steel
- Recommended Max Operating Temperature: 120°C (248°F)
- Thickness: 0.031" (0.8 mm)
- Surface Area: Varies. See Table above for surface areas of specific options.