Markforged Markforged Onyx Filament
Onyx is a high-strength thermoplastic with excellent heat resistance, surface finish, and chemical resistance. It can be printed alone or reinforced with continuous fibers to give strength comparable to aluminum. Onyx is suitable for applications such as tooling and fixtures, end-use parts, plastic part replacement, housings, sensor mounts, and cosmetic prototypes. It is compatible with FX20™, X7™, X5™, X3™, Mark Two™, Onyx Pro™, and Onyx One™ 3D printers.
- Onyx is a nylon mixed with chopped carbon fiber that is 1.4x stronger and stiffer than ABS.
- Onyx has a superior surface finish and is resistant to chemicals and heat.
- Onyx is compatible with the FX20, X7, X5, X3, Mark Two, Onyx Pro, and Onyx One 3D printers.
MARKFORGED ONYX FILAMENT
Onyx is Nylon mixed with chopped carbon fiber offers a high-strength thermoplastic with excellent heat resistance, surface finish, and chemical resistance. Onyx serves as a thermoplastic matrix for Markforged’s composite parts. It can be printed alone or reinforced with one of our continuous fibers to give strength comparable to aluminum. Use Onyx for anything from tooling and fixtures to end-use parts.
BENEFITS OF MARKFORGED ONYX FILAMENT:
- 1.4 times stronger and stiffer than ABS
- Can be reinforced with any continuous fiber
- Superior surface finish
- High level of chemical resistivity
- High heat tolerance
WHAT APPLICATIONS IS ONYX FILAMENT SUITABLE FOR?
- Plastic Part Replacement
- Sensor Mounts
- Cosmetic Prototypes
WHAT 3D PRINTERS IS ONYX COMPATIBLE WITH?
- Mark Two™
- Onyx Pro™
- Onyx One™
CASE STUDIES FOR MARKFORGED ONYX
- Lean Machine CNC and Metal Fab: Vise and Soft Jaws
- Haddington Dynamics: 7-Axis Robotic Arm
- Filament Weight: 800cc
- Flexural Strength: 71MPa
- Heat Deflection Temp: 145ºC
- Material Data Sheet