The Modix BIG-60 V3 offers one of the largest build volumes in our catalog with a size of over 8 cubic feet while integrating some of the most heavy-duty components to support such a powerful machine at a competitive price.
Top Modix BIG-60 V3 3D Printer Features:
• Print full-size - 600mm x 600mm x 660mm
• Powerful heated bed
• Direct drive extruder
• Precision motion
• Upgrades galore
|Order Now:||Processed Immediately|
NOTE: MatterHackers provides support for warranty replacement components.
Assembly instruction, troubleshooting, and technical support are provided directly by the Modix Support team.
NOTE: Items are shipped from the manufacturer's US-based warehouse. Order lead time is dependent on stock availability. Please contact the MatterHackers Support Team to request additional information on the latest lead times.
3D Printer Kit Policy: No returns will be accepted for any kit that has been opened. Only new, unopened 3D printer kits may be returned. The return process must have been started within 30 days of the original purchase.
The Modix BIG-60 V3 3D Printer Kit
A Do-It-Yourself, Giant Format, High-Quality 3D Printer
The name “BIG-60” is almost an understatement of just how large this 3D printer can create your models. Keep your designs in one piece and print full-size with confidence in the heavy-duty construction and motion system.
Here are the key features of the Modix BIG-60 V3 3D printer:
- Giant format build volume
- AC powered, 1,350 Watt, dual zone MIC-6 build plate with a smooth PEI surface
- Direct-Drive E3D Titan Aero Extruder
- Genuine HIWIN MGNW9 Linear Rails for belt-driven X and Y Axes and smooth rods for ball-screw driven Z axis.
- Upgrade as needed - plenty of options available to improve your 3D printing experience
- Automatic bed calibration
- Print with any material
- One year warranty and lifetime support by Modix
Virtually Limitless Build Volume
With a build volume that can be measured in feet, the Modix BIG-60 V3 boasts one of the largest build volumes in our catalog; save yourself the trouble of splitting your large 3D models into several smaller ones and print your designs in one piece.
- Build Volume: 600mm x 600mm x 660mm (23.6in x 23.6in x 26in)
- 3D prints hundreds of small parts at once
- Create large 3D prints for prototyping, demonstration, or manufacturing large end-use parts
Easy 3D Print Adhesion and Print Removal
Such a large build plate necessitates excellent adhesion to ensure that even the longest 3D prints stay stuck to the build plate throughout the job while releasing with ease when finished. A precision milled MIC-6 aluminum build plate covered with a premium smooth PEI sheet does just that, all while utilizing a dual-zone AC bed heater to bring just the center to temperature or the entire build plate if necessary.
- 1,350 Watt, AC powered bed heater for sustained 120°C bed temperature.
- Aluminum MIC-6, milled cast build plate for the flattest build plate.
- Smooth PEI bed sticker to ensure bed adhesion with most materials.
Genuine E3D Extruders and Hotends
Every Modix BIG-60 V3 Kit comes with a genuine E3D Titan Aero Extruder with an integrated E3D Volcano hotend. A 3:1 gear ratio and longer melt zone keeps this system pumping plastic even with higher speeds and the included 0.8mm nozzle.
- E3D Titan Aero with Volcano can use a 0.4mm, 0.6mm, or 0.8mm nozzle up to 285°C
- Upgrade to dual extrusion with a second E3D Titan Aero with Volcano.
- Add-on the E3D V6 for detail or the E3D Super-Volcano for super high-flow.
Precision Motion in Every Axis
A machine this size needs heavy-duty components to keep everything running smoothly. Genuine HIWIN linear rails guide the X and Y Axes while the Z axis is guided by smooth linear rods, with an optional HIWIN rail upgrade.
- Each HIWIN MGNW9 rail is preloaded for smooth motion.
- 9mm genuine GATES GT2 belts and 4 SFU1204 ball screws with belted gear reduction drive the 3D printer.
- Upgrade Z axis’ smooth rods with HIWIN MGNW9 linear rails.
Build the Ideal 3D Printer For You
Pick and choose components to match your individual use case and better meet your budgetary needs. Optional customization is available at the time of purchase but regularly published support guides are available through Modix’s online service portal.
- Optional enclosure kit add-on for higher-temperature materials.
- Casters to easily move your Modix BIG-60 V3 around.
- Service guides walk you through the upgrade process.
Automated and Guided Bed Calibration
When you have a 3D printer bed this large you want to make sure getting a perfect first layer is easy to achieve every time. The fully automatic BL-Touch bed leveling probe works exceptionally well at measuring any dips and bumps in the build plate (even miniscule ones) and allows the firmware to compensate for these variations.
- Genuine BL-Touch Bed Leveling Probe to measure 100 points on the bed.
- Built-in macros guide you through the leveling routine.
- Start from a level playing field using the bed adjustment macro
Unlimit Your 3D Printing Capabilities With The Open Filament System
The Modix BIG-60 V3 proudly supports open filament utilization, allowing you to purchase and use any filament that is compatible with the printer’s capabilities.
1.75mm only with the included toolhead (can be replaced with 2.85mm Titan Aero).
Must have a printing temperature at or below 285°C (or 500°C with the PT100 add-on)
Must require a bed temperature at or below 120°C
What Materials Can I Print with the Modix BIG-60 V3?
Whether you’re using one or two Titan Aero extruders, expect excellent control of flexible filaments like PRO Series Flex or TPU while the adjustable extruder gear tensioner gives you the ability to try different settings for harder or softer materials. Here is a list of 3D printing materials compatible with the Modix BIG-60 V3:
- PLA and Tough PLA
- ABS and ASA
- PETG and CPE
- NylonX, NylonK, and NylonG (with a sold-separately hardened steel nozzle)
- Ultrafuse 316L and 17-4 PH
- TPU and TPE
- PVA and Soluble Supports (when used as a support material in the second extruder)
- View all compatible materials here.
Which Modix 3D Printer is Right for Me?
As Modix 3D printers all start their lives as kits, it’s incredibly modular and easy to manufacture different variations in machine size and build volume. Features, hardware, and usability is virtually identical across different models, with the main difference being the build volume dimensions:
- Modix BIG-40: 400mm x 400mm x 800mm, starting at $5,600
- Modix BIG-60 V3: 600mm x 600mm x 660mm, starting at $4,500
- Modix BIG-120X: 1,200mm x 600mm x 640mm, starting at $7.550
- Modix BIG-120Z: 600mm x 600mm x 1,200mm, starting at $7,450
- Modix BIG-180X: 1,800mm x 600mm x 600mm, starting at $15,150
- Modix BIG-Meter: 1,010mm x 1,010mm x 1,010mm, starting at $13,150
What Comes with the Modix BIG-60 V3 Kit?
BIG-60 V3 PRINTER ASSEMBLY KIT
- See a full packing list here.
- Allen Key Set
- 7mm Nozzle Wrench
- Thin Oil - 20cc
- Zip Ties (100)
Modix BIG-60 V3 Kit Technical Specifications
What are the Dimensions for the BIG-60 V3?
- Build Volume: 600mm x 600mm x 660mm / ~23in x 23in x 25in
- Assembled Dimensions (with enclosure): 906mm x 1,060mm x 1,356 mm / 35.6in x 41.7in x 53.4 inch
- Shipping Weight: 120 kg (265 lbs)
What are the Modix BIG-60 V3's printer properties?
- Technology FFF: Fused Filament Fabrication
- Assembly: Self-Assembly
- Closed print chamber: Optional add-on
- Enclosure type (Optional): Aluminum composite panels (ACP), 3mm thick. Polycarbonate doors and top lid
- Feet: Articulated leveling feet included (casters optional add-on)
- Number of print heads: One print head is included, (optional secondary print head add-on)
- Default filament diameter: 1.75mm, can be converted to 3mm by the user
- Extruder brand & model: E3D Aero Extruder (direct drive)
- Hotend brand & model: E3D Volcano, optional add-ons: V6 (detailed) and E3D Super-Volcano (high flow)
- Included nozzles (mm): 0.4mm, 0.6mm, 0.8mm for Primary hotend 0.4 for Secondary hotend
- Hotend max. temperature: 285ºc
- Optional max hotend temp: 500ºC (requires PT100 thermistor add-on)
- Extruder motors: Motech MT-1703HS168A Direct drive extruders gear reduction of 1:3
- Filament runout sensor: Dedicated sensor per extruder
- X & Y axis linear guides: HIWIN MGW9
- Z axis guides: Smooth Rods included. (optional HIWIN MGW9 upgrade)
- X & Y axis drive system: Gates GT2 width: 9mm, fiberglass reinforced
- Z axis drive system: SFU1204 Ball screw 2:5 belt gear reduction
- X axis motors: 2 X Motech MT-1705HS200A
- Y axis motor: 1 X Motech MT-1705HS200A
- Z axis motors: 4 X Motech MT-1705HS200A
- Resolution (XYZ): 4 X 4 X 0.5 micron
- Printing speed: Up to 150mm/s (Depends on nozzle & layer height)
- Printing acceleration: Up to 1,000 mm/s^2
- Bed plate: Alcoa Mic-6, 6.35mm milled cast aluminum plate
- Number of heaters: AC heater, 1,350 Watt , dual zone
- Temperature controller: Autonics TCN4 PID controller
- Maximum bed temperature: 120ºC
- Bed leveling probe: BL touch probe
- Bed leveling: Bed shape is measured by probing 100 different points.
- Bed tilt leveling: Semi-Automatic, guided by an on-screen macro
- Bed motion system: 4 x ball-nut screws. Each screw is mounted to a dedicated stepper motor with a belt gear system
- Electronic controller: Duet3D: Duet2 Wifi
- User interface: 7” Touch screen – PanelDue from Duet3D
- Remote control (WiFi): Upload Gcode files right from your desktop
- Direct connectivity: SD Card, USB cable
- Ethernet: Optional with Duet3D Ethernet board. Should be purchased and replaced by customer
- Electronics (DC) power: Meanwell 24V/280Watt power supply powering the electronic and motion system. Universal AC input: 110-230V, 50/60 Hz
- Bed heaters (AC) power: Direct AC feed, 1370W Silicone pad heater. Two versions are available: 110V and 230V. We supply according to shipping destination. Power requirement for bed heater in North America is a dedicated 15A outlet.
- AC power cords: We supply the required AC cords for each country
What is the Software for the Modix BIG-60 V3?
- Operating System Compatibility: GNU/Linux, Mac, Windows
- Recommended Software: MatterControl, Cura, PrusaSlicer
- Firmware: RepRapFirmware
- Supported File Types: .stl
- Printable Formats: Gcode