Thought3D Thought3D Drywise Inline Filament Dryer 2.85mm
The Drywise Inline Filament Dryer is a user-friendly device that quickly and efficiently dries 3D printing filament - including hygroscopic materials like nylons - with no down time or pre-planning. It features intelligent smart sensors, a rechargeable desiccant cartridge, and comes in 1.75mm and 2.85mm versions. It is designed to save time, money, and effort, allowing users to focus on their designs.
- Intelligent sensors for optimal drying.
- Rechargeable desiccant cartridges.
- User-friendly interface.
To learn about available discounts, training, and maintenance options, please use the form below and a MatterHackers Expert will contact you within one business day. Alternatively, you can always feel free to give us a call at +1 (800) 613-4290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get an instant quote, add everything you need to your cart, and click "Download as quote".
The Drywise Inline Filament Dryer
Save Money, Time, and Effort by drying your filament as your print
The Drywise Inline Filament Dryer delivers perfectly conditioned 3D printing filament – even very hygroscopic materials like nylons – almost instantly with virtually no down time and pre-planning needed. This means you get more time to focus on what really matters to you, designing and innovating
Here are the key features of the Drywise Inline Filament Dryer:
- Available in two versions - 1.75mm and 2.85mm
- Inline design dries only the section of filament being printed
- intelligent smart sensors for optimal drying settings
- User-friendly interface
- Smart Idle Detector
- Rechargeable desiccant cartridges
- A constantly growing list of certified compatible filament
Focus On What Matters
Drywise delivers perfectly conditioned 3D Printing filament — even very hygroscopic materials like nylons —almost instantly with virtually no down time or pre-planning needed. This means you get more time to focus on what really matters to you, such as designing and innovating
- Technology: Fused Filament Fabrication filament pre-processing
- Interface: 4.3" capacitive touch panel. Guiding LED lights
- Filament Path: Guided input and output filament path
- Filament Diameter: 2.85mm or 1.75mm depending on selection.
More Materials. More Possibilities
Drywise makes it easy to print with demanding technical plastics as it eliminates the guesswork from the drying process. With an ever-growing list of certified materials, just select the right material from the list and get printing, leaving the smart drying technology to take care of all the parameters.
- The presence of moisture in filament can potentially cause print failure and affect the mechanical properties of the printed part.
- Drywise ensures consistently dried filament and eliminates multiple drying cycles and material degradation.
- View the database of latest tested materials here
Why Is Filament Drying Important?
Hygroscopic FDM filaments tend to absorb significant amounts of moisture from the environment. Over the course of a few days, these materials can reach moisture content levels high enough to prevent you from achieving successful prints. The presence of moisture in filament can cause a number of visible effects such as poor surface finish, stringing, and oozing as well as less visible effects on the mechanical properties of your finished part. As a result, moisture-sensitive materials will need to be dried prior to printing.
- Telltale signs that you are printing with wet filament include hissing and popping sounds, as well as inconsistent material extrusion and nozzle blockages.
- Commonly affected material types include PET, PEEK, PEI, PC, and most notably Nylon or PA-based materials.
- Note: Drywise does not currently support PEEK, PEI, or PC materials.
Experience Active Drying in Real Time
However long your 3D printing process is, Drywise will make sure the material is consistently dry throughout the whole print. It does this by processing the right amount of material at just the right time. This also eliminates material degradation, which usually occurs, due to thermal cycling.
- With Drywise, long prints have never been more consistent. While oven-dried filament will reabsorb filament quickly from the environment, tests have demonstrated that parts dried will retain performance throughout the duration of long print jobs.
- Want to learn more? View the White Paper Here.
Material profiles are constantly being evaluated and added to Drywise's list of compatible materials.
The latest material profile lists (Sept. 2023) can be found here:
Discover success stories and more.
Drywise Inline Filament Dryer Technical Specifications
What are the Dimensions for the Drywise Inline Filament Dryer?
- Dimensions: 590x 500 x 145 mm (23 x 20 x 6 inches)
- Compatible filament diameter: 2.85mm or 1.75mm
- Weight: 10.5 kg (23 lbs)
What are the Drywise Inline Filament Dryer's properties?
- Device: Active In-Line Filament Dryer
- Technology: FFF Filament Pre-Processing
- Interface: 4.3" Capacitive touch panel. Guiding LED Lights
- Filament Path: Guided Input and Output
- Filament Diameter: 2.85mm or 1.75mm
- Compatible Materials: Drywise.co/materials
- Quick Start Guide